- Distance Programs
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
Setting up your student account
Here's how to start:
You will need to know your user name before following the steps below. Log into your application manager: https://connect.mst.edu/status (enter the email and password used to create your application). Click the View Update link to view your application status. In the "gold" box you will find your user name. If you have any questions, please contact Global Learning at email@example.com.
Step 1: Create an Account Password
To set up your official S&T "Joe'SS" Account, do the following:
(if you already know your password, skip this step)
- Open Joe'SS in a new tab.
- Click the ‘Create Your Password’ link on the left side of the page.
- Enter the student username in the field provided, and click ‘Submit.’
- On the following page, select a method, either personal phone number or email, to receive the passcode for the user setup (If no email or password is listed, please contact the S&T IT Help Desk at 573-341-4357). Click ‘Submit.’
- Once the passcode has been received, enter the six-digit code and click ‘Submit.’
- Fill out the required fields for the New User Setup: phone, external email, and knowledge based questions. An email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to the email listed confirming the account registration.
- Once user setup is complete, continue to New User Password Setup. Generate a new temporary passcode to access the password setup page, and enter the code where prompted.
- Create a password for the account, ensuring that the password meets the criteria listed (Must be at least 7 characters long, contains at least three of the four categories: uppercase/lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols).
- After the password has been set, an informational FAQ page on the University of Missouri System’s Two-Factor Authentication process will open. Review the information if desired.
- Return to Joe'SS. Log in with the student account username and the newly-created password.
Step 2: Sign the E-Consent for Joe'SS
- Open Joe'SS in a new tab.
- Sign in with your S&T username and password.
- Once successfully signed in, click the ‘UM E-Consent’ link in the menu on the left side of the page.
- Review the agreement, and accept the terms.
Once the terms have been accepted, academic and financial information will become available electronically through Joe’SS.
Step 3: Activate Your Email Account
Once access to Joe’SS has been set up, go to your email account portal (https://portal.office.com) and sign in with <username>@umsystem.edu to ensure that the email account was successfully activated.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SIGN INTO MICROSOFT 365 EMAIL
For help setting up your new Microsoft 365 email account, please visit https://it.mst.edu/services/email/student-email/